1. What are the most popular women's dresses in 2022?
Dresses are a universal component of a women's wardrobe that can be worn at any time of the year. Airy and light models - for summer, dense and warm - for winter. Dresses enrich the image with femininity, beauty, confidence, especially if the cut and style are chosen correctly and match the occasion.
Fashion novelties of 2022 amaze with an abundance of unusual details and colors. Everyday and business models will delight with their practicality and comfort, evening dresses made of luxurious materials and with additional elements will not go unnoticed. We invite you to analyze the trends of the season in order to know exactly what fashionable styles are worth grabbing from store shelves.
Models for special occasions
Last year we all spent together in isolation, sitting at home. And we really missed the beautiful clothes for parties and events. Therefore, this year beautiful evening dresses are in high demand and attention of fashionistas.
Chiffon maxi outfits with a flared skirt and long sleeves are the undoubted favorite. Dresses with slits, frills and frills are popular. They can be discreet plain or decorated with fittings. Silk products look impressive.
Another noticeable and stylish look is a one-shoulder dress in midi or maxi length. The color scheme can be very different - the trend is turquoise, red, orange or colorful products with abstract prints. For the summer, this option will be the perfect solution!
An A-line dress can also become an evening dress. In floor length and with a high slit, they look stylish and impressive on tall beauties. And if you gird the dress, leaving a little slouching on top, you can get a very gentle and airy look.
Not every fashionista can walk a chic evening dress, but everyone wants to look attractive and stylish. In this case, designers offer a wide range of models for every day.
The hit of the new season is light and airy models, oversized, shirt dresses made of breathable natural fabrics. They can be of different colors, with prints, curly cutouts. They make you feel comfortable and comfortable in the hot season. You can combine such dresses with flat shoes.
Another confident leader is polo models. They are as comfortable as possible, do not constrain movements, while looking original and stylish. Such outfits are relevant for casual looks, sports style.
For office wear, you can choose a silhouette dress or a model in an elastic band. A freer option - midi outfits with a pleated skirt, dresses with flounces, various frills, giving the image of tenderness, femininity and sophistication. Such dresses are presented both in summer and winter versions, which differ in the density of materials.
2. What dresses hide the belly?
Beautiful clothes can not only emphasize the dignity of the figure, but also competently hide the flaws. In particular, if you are embarrassed by a protruding belly, it is enough to choose the appropriate style of dress to look stunning and harmonious. Here are some effective visual silhouette correctors.
- Shirt dress. It has a row of buttons and a collar like a dress shirt. Due to the free cut hides all the problem areas. Goes great with any other outfit. Can be extended or shortened.
- Trapezoid. The style, extended to the bottom, perfectly hides the wide sides, a bulging tummy, and emphasizes the spectacular lines of the upper part. The length is most often to the knee, but there are shortened and elongated models. This dress is suitable for both everyday wear and going out.
- High waist. The decision to "raise" the waist will emphasize the beautiful chest, and make the problematic part invisible due to the freely flowing skirt. Styles without a belt and an elastic band or with a wide belt look better. The length of the dress can be knee-length or floor-length.
- Oversize. This is not only the style of the dress, but also the philosophy of life. Shapeless at first glance, the outfit gives complete freedom of movement, comfort, removes any clamps and complexes. In such a dress, a woman of any age will feel attractive, confident, relaxed.
- Pleating. Neat vertical folds always lengthen the silhouette, leveling the protruding belly a little more than necessary. Pleated skirts are at the peak of popularity in any incarnation - from light summer chiffon to thick velvet.
- Basque. Located right at the waist, it corrects the figure in two directions at once: emphasizes the waist and hides a small tummy. At the same time, the dress itself can even be tight-fitting, if the figure allows. In length, most often - to the knees.
3. What dresses suit short girls?
Small stature is not a sentence. Petite beauties have their own secrets on how to visually stretch the silhouette and look beautiful and elegant. Here are some of the most popular short sized pieces.
- V-neck. Dresses with such a top stretch the neck. And beauties with a long neck always look taller. These can be wraparound styles, with a collar, with a deep neckline.
- Vertical lines. Vertical cuts and prints always elongate the silhouette. Even with a little optical illusion, the figure becomes harmonious and acquires ideal proportions. For short stature, small patterns in contrasting colors are suitable.
- Case and shirt styles. The most relevant styles for girls of short stature. The most suitable length is at or slightly below the knees. But in no case not to the middle of the calf. It is better to choose solid colors, and a belt made of the same fabric will suit the shirt.
- High waist. A good way to draw out the silhouette. The waist line should be slightly high so that the proportions of the top and bottom are respected. Such styles will be especially relevant for owners of an “apple” figure with a weakly defined waist. They will hide the unwanted tummy.
- Maxi length. There is an opinion that floor-length dresses look good only on tall girls, but this is not entirely true. Short beauties can also enjoy all the beauty of long dresses if they choose models whose hem even covers shoes. It can be a style with a wrap, a deep slit on the skirt, a set-in belt.
Many girls choose shoes with heels to look taller. Dress and elegant heels - the combination is as feminine and elegant as possible. But flat shoes can also add height, at least visually, the main thing is to skillfully choose the style of the outfit.
4. What colors of dresses are the most practical?
In a fashionable functional wardrobe, basic universal colors should always be present. They are suitable for most fashionistas, combined with each other and with other shades, relevant in all styles - official, evening and everyday. These colors include:
We offer to analyze the features of each color so that you can choose the most relevant option for yourself.
Beige dresses will suit absolutely any fashionista due to the huge variety of their shades. Cream, milky, caramel, sandy - they all belong to beige. For the similarity with the color of human skin, they have earned a special place in the overall palette. Such outfits can look quite provocative or restrained, spectacular or sophisticated, depending on the style, details, combinations with other shades.
White is always associated with purity, freshness, elegance, aristocracy. No wonder wedding dresses are sewn predominantly in white. In office style, white is one of the must-have shades. Not everyone likes to wear such things because of their soiledness, but the color itself rarely causes rejection.
Black dresses are out of fashion and time. They are always relevant, for any reason, at any time of the year and day, they go well with absolutely any other shades, creating restrained or relaxed images. This color is not only very practical and not easily soiled, but also has the ability to slim. Therefore, fashionistas who want to visually hide figure flaws choose black outfits.
Green is an interesting alternative to dark tones. Refreshing, warm, beautiful, it looks advantageous on almost every fashionista. Everything is decided by the selection of the optimal shade and style of the dress. Green is spring, the birth of a new life, harmony and confidence. To dilute the monotony, brown, beige, white, yellow, gray things or accessories are recommended.
Gray is no longer associated with dullness and boredom. It is the color of stability, prosperity, self-confidence. It is relevant both in a business wardrobe and everyday. Light gray shades have the effect of visually expanding the figure, so you should not choose loose plain dresses for curvy women. But dark gray is ideal for all fashionistas.
Blue is subconsciously perceived as a symbol of purity, deep calmness, harmony due to associations with the color of the sea and sky. The presence of blue dresses in the basic wardrobe characterizes beautiful ladies as refined and noble natures. Since blue belongs to cold tones, it is recommended to dilute it with bright shades or white in order not to plunge into excessive melancholy.
5. Knitted dress: what is it and how to wear them?
The coming cold pushes light and airy dresses to the far shelves, but they are replaced by no less feminine and beautiful knitted dresses. This season, they are relevant and diverse as never before. The versatility of the models brings them to the fore among all other fashion trends. Every fashionista can wear knitted things, regardless of figure, build, height, age and event. The main thing is to choose the right style and a good combination with other items of clothing and accessories.
In the absence of a dress code at work, you can not limit yourself in choosing a knitted outfit. But even if you have strict limits, knitted fashionable dresses may well fit into them, replacing a boring and monotonous suit. For a business bow, the following options are suitable:
- Concise cut with long sleeves, stand-up collar, massive yoke or boat neckline. The color scheme is restrained, monophonic. You can decorate the image with a brooch or pendant.
- Model with a short sleeve that can be worn with a turtleneck in a contrasting color. Emphasized with an elegant belt. This outfit is suitable for those who do not adhere to strict rules in office clothes.
The lower the length of the dress, the wider the belt can be. The larger the knitting and the more massive the ornaments, the larger the accessories should be. Otherwise, they run the risk of "getting lost" against the background of knitted patterns.
Knitted stylish dresses can safely become part of the evening look. Complemented with lace, openwork inserts, embroideries, sequins, they take on a completely different look. A long model of a tight-fitting silhouette, complemented by heeled boots, will look sophisticated and stylish. Semi-loose styles of midi length can also become a real highlight of the program, drawing attention to girls of any build.
For everyday life
The possibilities of combination and variety of styles make knitted fashionable dresses appropriate in any conditions. For everyday wear, you can use the following styles:
- Tunics. Warm, comfortable and comfortable. Perfectly warm and look elegant, feminine. With tunics, you can wear leggings, leggings or even jeans. A turtleneck or golf is worn under models with short sleeves.
- Sheath dresses. They look gentle, emphasize all the graceful lines of the silhouette. Such models are available with a high neck or a rounded neckline - both options look beautiful and stylish on the corresponding figures.